- How do you use vexatious in a sentence?
- What is another word for annoying person?
- What does feign mean?
- What is a vexatious?
- What does vexatious mean in legal terms?
- How do you stop vexatious litigants?
- What does vexing mean?
- What does frivolous and vexatious mean?
- What is a vexatious litigant in California?
- How do you get someone declared a vexatious litigant in California?
How do you use vexatious in a sentence?
He gets a bit vexatious at times.
The slavery question presented vexatious difficulties in conducting the war.
He took occasion to abolish a variety of vexatious imposts, and the new budget fell less heavily on the Christians than the old..
What is another word for annoying person?
In this page you can discover 72 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for annoying, like: irksome, vexing, pesky, provoking, irritating, pestering, troublesome, carking, bothersome, pesty and pestiferous.
What does feign mean?
to represent fictitiously; put on an appearance of: to feign sickness. to invent fictitiously or deceptively, as a story or an excuse. to imitate deceptively: to feign another’s voice.
What is a vexatious?
adjective. causing vexation; troublesome; annoying: a vexatious situation. … (of legal actions) instituted without sufficient grounds and serving only to cause annoyance to the defendant. disorderly; confused; troubled.
What does vexatious mean in legal terms?
A vexatious claim or complaint is one (or a series of many) that is specifically being pressed on to cause an act of harassment, annoyance, frustration, worry, or even bring financial cost (such as engage a defence lawyer) to their defendant or respondent.
How do you stop vexatious litigants?
How does the family court stop the vexatious litigant from filing more frivolous requests? The family court can order the vexatious litigant to: Only after getting permission (called seeking “leave”) from the presiding judge to file the request; Only after posting a bond can the vexatious litigant file the request.
What does vexing mean?
causing or likely to cause: causing or likely to cause vexation : vexatious a vexing problem.
What does frivolous and vexatious mean?
Frivolous or vexatious is manifestly groundless. is so manifestly faulty that it does not admit of argument. discloses a case which the Commission is satisfied cannot succeed, or. does not disclose a cause of action.
What is a vexatious litigant in California?
, a vexatious litigant is a person who does any of the following: … Has previously been declared to be a vexatious litigant by any state or federal court of record in any action or proceeding based upon the same or substantially similar facts, transaction, or occurrence.
How do you get someone declared a vexatious litigant in California?
(1) In the immediately preceding seven-year period has commenced, prosecuted, or maintained in propria persona at least five litigations other than in a small claims court that have been (i) finally determined adversely to the person or (ii) unjustifiably permitted to remain pending at least two years without having …